The faculty comprises distinguished Islamic scholars who
are respected in their respective fields through their teaching
and commitment to Islam.
• Br. Iqbal Nadvi
Iqbal Masood Nadvi obtained his Oriental Degree in Islamic studies from Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow in 1967. He then completed higher secondary with merit in 1972, and in Arabic in 1969. Later he completed his BA from Bhopal University with majors in Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, English, and political sciences before moving to Saudi Arabia.
In Saudi Arabia, he obtained his license in Shariah from Islamic University, Medina, Saudi Arabia in 1978 and his MA in Islamic law from Ummul Qura University, Makkah, Saudi Arabia in 1983. He obtained his Ph.D. from the same university in 1991 after which he moved to the teaching position in Riyadh.
• Sheikh Abdul Rahman
- Born in Guyana South America.
- A graduate of the Arabic Language Program at the Islamic University Madinah then graduated from faculty of Shari’ah and specializing in Islamic Inheritance
- Holds a Degree in English and a Diploma of Education from University of Guyana.
- Studied Spanish and French for seven years in Guyana.
- He was the former Principal of the Guyana Islamic Institute for a period of 8 years during which he was Imaam at Windsor Forest West Masjid.
- He then held the position of Imaam and head of Islamic Studies Department at the Muslim Community Center of Greater Rockford, Illinois
- Then moved to the Islamic Foundation School, Villa Park, Chicago where he became the Head of Islamic Studies and Arabic Language Department; a position he held for three years
- Served as the Principal of Al-Rahmah School, Baltimore Maryland
- Now he is the Resident Scholar and Khateeb (lecturer) at Islamic Foundation, Villa Park, Chicago, Illinois and is actively involved in the field of Da’wah (Religious Dialog).
Dr. Farina Rana
MAULANA MOHAMMAD YUSUF ISLAHI SAHAB
Mohammad Yusuf Islahi is known for his writings on Islam throughout the world.
He received his primary education in Bareilly, India. He memorized the Holy Quran and learnt Tajweed. After passing the high school his father sent him to Madrasah Mazahirul `Ulum, Saharanpur. Later he joined Madrasatul Islah, Azamgarh. He also spent four years under the guidance of Maulana Akhtar Ahsan Islahi. He received Sanade Fazilat with distinction.
He has been a member of Central Advisory Committee and has been editing the magazine ZIKRA JADEED for the last 33 years. He has authored and published more than 65 books on various aspects of Islam. Among them are Aadaabe Zindagi (Etiquette of life in Islam), Aasan Fiqh (Everyday Fiqh), Qurani Talimat(Teachings of the Holy Quran), Tafsir Surah Yasin, Tafsir Surah Saff, Islami Mu`ashrah, Husne Mu`ashrat, Da`I-e-Azam, Raushan Sitarey and others.Many of his books are translated and published in English, Hindi and other languages.
He is also directing many educational and welfare institutions. Among them are Jamea-tus-Salehat, a unique and well-known institution for higher Arabic and Islamic education for girls and Markazi Darsgahe Islami.
Hafiz Zafeer Ali
* Hafiz Zafeer did his Bachelor from Islamic University, Madina Munawwarah, Saudia Arabia.
Major: Quran & Islamic Studies
*He did his Fazilat in Islamic Studies from Jamia Dar-us-Salam Arabic College, Umerabad Tamil Nadu, India
* Afzal-ul-Ulama. Faculty of Oriental Learning from
University of Madras, Madras, India
* Hifz-ul-Quran from Madrasa Khuddamay MilIat, Samastipur Bihar, India.
- Currently working as a Imam in Islamic Circle of North America HQ, Queens, NY.
* Lead the daily prayers and Taraweeh prayers.
* Taught Quran to children daily in an after school program.
*Taught 3-Month intensive tajweed course to adults.
* Summarized Tafseer-ul-Quran daily after Taraweeh prayer in Ramadan.
* Guided and answered all incoming questions pertaining to religion.
* Lecturer. ICNA Institute of Islamic Sciences, Queens, NY 01102 - Present
* Lectured in Hadith, Fiqh and general Islamic Studies.
* Overlooked research work of students.
* Lecturer. Research Islamic Center, Hyderabad, India 10/99 - 07/01
* Lectured in Tafseer and Hadith.
* Taught the Arabic language and overlooked research work of students.
* Tafseer Teacher. Jamia Darul Furqan, Hyderabad, India 01194 - 01195
* Taught meaning of Quran and Tafseer.
* Taught Arabic grammar.
* Arabic and Islamic Teacher. Allama Iqbal Academy, Bihar, India 01193 - 01194
* Taught basic Islamic education.
Sr. Iman Badawi
Iman Badawi was born and raised in upstate NY to Egyptian parents. She earned a BS in Biology in 1998 from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and will soon complete an Arabic BA in Shari’ah studies from the American Open University (AOU). Sr. Iman has previously studied Islamic studies for over 8 years with Dr. Mokhtar Maghraoui and other scholars. She has worked with many organizations including MYNA, MSA, ICNA, and MAS. She also has experience in teaching Islamic, Quranic, and Arabic studies to both full-time and weekend schools for over 10 years.
Sr. Iman is the founder and instructor of Halqat-un-Noor (HN). HN has offered instruction in the Islamic Sciences at the ICGC since 2001. Currently, HN is offering intensive courses accredited by the American Open University. In addition, HN is offering classes in Quranic Arabic.